spot_imgspot_img

Ty Kidd pleads not guilty to rape and sexual assault

Tyler Kidd from Melbourne has denied raping and sexually assaulting a man following a public altercation.

Tyler Kidd now 36, pleaded not guilty at today’s comital hearing in the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday 10 August 2022 to rape, sexual assault and false imprisonment.

It’s alleged Ty Kidd, who worked at Carls Jr. burgers, raped a man in Port Melbourne on 29 December 2020.

Ty Kidd who is also charged with multiple counts of assault, allegedly sexually assaulted and detained the man against his will.

Witnesses told the court they saw Kidd in a “verbal and physical altercation” with the complainant on the night of the alleged rape.

“The tone of the argument caught my attention more than anything, and when I saw the two men, he (Kidd) grabbed the other man pretty aggressively,” a witness told the court.

“I heard him (Kidd) trying to convince the other man not to leave.”

Another witness at today’s committal hearing gave a near identical account of the incident outside Kidd’s residence.

Kidd was slated to appear at a committal earlier this year but the matter was adjourned after he was slapped with fresh charges. The charges arose after Ty Kidd allegedly contacted the complainant.

The prosecution summarised the new allegations, during an earlier court hearing, and paraphrased a statement made by the complainant on June 3.

“(Kidd) was seeking to have me not attend court,” the complainant said in his statement.

“If I didn’t show up to court it will all go away … I think it was (Kidd’s) intention to get me to withdraw my statement.”

The prosecution submitted it would “likely” use the complainant’s statement if the matter progressed to trial.

“(The prosecution would submit the new allegation) is intimidating conduct in the sense that (Kidd’s) trying to prevent the witness from going ahead at trial,” the prosecutor submitted.

“He’s putting some pressure on him, intimidating him and ultimately we would be going to the jury that (alleged conduct) gives rise to an implied admission of guilt.”

Magistrate Roslyn Porter, who presided over both hearings, ordered Kidd to stand trial at the County Court.

Ty Kidd, who claimed he lost his Carl’s Jr. Docklands manager job following media reporting, was bailed to front court at a later date.

Ty Kidd is well known in Melbourne’s gay scene for his love of all things Kylie Minogue and often frequents well established gay nightclubs and bars on his hunt for gay sexual partners for casual encounters. These charges come as no surprise to many of Melbourne’s gay glitterati.

 

CASE UPDATE: Tyler KIDD was later found not guilty at trial before Judge Lyon in the County Court of Victoria on 5 October 2023.

Lord Murray Schoorman
Lord Murray Schoormanhttp://peakhourimages.com.au
Lord Murray SCHOORMAN is a dynamic media industry entrepreneur. Commencing his own media production powerhouse in 2001, Peak Hour Images has leaped from strength to strength in an everchanging content production landscape. Lord Murray is also a long-standing member of the Melbourne Press Club and The National Press Club of Australia. In November 2013 Lord Murray Schoorman was appointed a position on the committee of the Fitzroy Street Trader's Association & within a year he was promoted to the position of Vice President of the association. He proudly held this position for over 3 years, working closely with the major events department of the City of Port Phillip and various other stakeholders. Little known fact; Lord Murray is also a qualified senior firefighter with over 17 years experience on the frontline of high-profile international motorsport.

Get in Touch

spot_imgspot_img
spot_img

Get in Touch

0FansLike
0FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe

Latest Posts